During the scene describing the extremely complex playoff system (complete with “a blind-choice round robin” and “the two-man sack race held on consecutive Sundays”), references were made to teams in Boston, Buffalo, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Oakland, Toronto, Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Denver. No nicknames or mascots were given for these.
Some teams on the bracket behind Kenny Mayne and Dan Patrick can also be made out if a viewer looks closely, adding even more cities, not all of which make sense. These include New York, Cleveland, Sacramento, Pasadena, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Green Bay, St. Paul, Anaheim, Salem, Burbank, Morgantown, Tucson, Phoenix, Jackson, Tulsa, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Chicago, San Diego, Santa Monica, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Knoxville, Memphis, Baltimore and Cairo. It appears there is also a Hawaiian Division, which included Oahu, Maui and a team named “Volcano”.
Oh cool, we had (or maybe still have) a BASEketball team.
- ragdoll reblogged this from citationneeded and added:
- mjanetmars likes this
- sillstaw likes this
- perfectlyfineexceptforinside likes this
- emmaw-w likes this
- making-you-blue-as-hell reblogged this from citationneeded
- hellzyeahholly likes this
- my-home-sweet-homicide reblogged this from citationneeded
- shorterexcerpts likes this
- grimelords likes this
- citationneeded posted this